CBSE Decides To Delete Certain Maths Topics For Class 9 Students Of Session 2020-2021
What’s the reason behind this step?
The central board of secondary education decided to reduce the syllabus by 30% due
to the ongoing pandemic to compensate for the loss faced by the students and
ease out pressure for them. According to CBSE the core
concepts of the syllabus have been retained while keeping the rest of the
topics have been removed either entirely or reduced partially. Students must
through the revised syllabus before starting their exam preparation. Note that
the revised syllabus is only applicable for the current batch of 2020-2021.
The deleted syllabus is as follows:
1) Unit 1 NUMBER SYSTEMS
· REAL NUMBERS
1) Representation of terminating /
non-terminating recurring decimals on the number line through successive
2) Explaining that every real number
is represented by a unique
3) on the number line and conversely, viz. every
point on the number line represents a unique real number.
4) Definition of nth root of a real
1) Motivate and State the Remainder
Theorem with examples. Statement and proof of the Factor Theorem.
· LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES
1) Examples, problems on Ratio and
3)UNIT IV- GEOMETRY
TO EUCLID’S GEOMETRY
1) Proof of the theorem (removed)- Two
triangles are congruent if any two angles and the included side of one triangle
is equal to any two angles and the included side of the other triangle (ASA
2) Topic removed-Triangle inequalities
and the relation between ‘angle and facing side’ inequalities in triangles
1) There is one and only one circle
passing through three given non-collinear points.
2) If a line segment joining two
points subtends an equal angle at two other points lying on the same side of
the line containing the segment, the four points lie on a circle.
1) Construction of a triangle of given
perimeter and base angles
4)UNIT V- MENSURATION
1) Application of Heron’s Formula in
finding the area of a quadrilateral.
5)UNIT VI- STATISTICS And PROBABILITY
1) Histograms (with varying base
lengths), frequency polygons.
2) Mean, median and mode of ungrouped
Edugross provides NCERT solutions, sample papers for the
smooth preparation of exams, download for free from the link below:
The central board of secondary education decided to reduce the syllabus by 30% due to the ongoing pandemic to compensate for the loss faced by the students and ease out pressure for them. Download NCERT solutions for free from Edugross.