Target 4-Distinguishing Similar Sounds (page 31)
PRACTICE 1 (PAGE 31)
bath-path match-mash math-mass flow-flaw
cub-cup tear – dare din – ding cat-cut
lice – rice wer-wed jam-yam chit-cheat
chip-ship thumb – some west-vest set – sat
PRACTICE 2 (PAGE 32)
1. This peach isn’t ripe. 18. This blanket is thick and warm.
2. My back hurts. 19. You can follow this path.
3. Please staple these pages together. 20. Don’t miss the train.
4. We took a cab. 21. She loves to sing.
5. Rain has been falling all night. 22. The sun is bright today
6. They will arrive tonight 23 The food is all gone.
7. The clown made us laugh. 24. We need another chair
8. Please turn at the light 25. He’s feeling worse
9.You can choose either one. 26. The vine grew up the tree.
10.I need another sheet of paper 27. A viper hit him.
11.Put the sauce in this dish 28. It was a weird story.
12.They didn’t eat much 29. Let me help you.
13.I tore my dress on a nail 30. Set it on this table.
14.She dyed her hair black. 31. Put on your coat
15.It’s a very bright color 32. Please take a seat
16.We need one more thing
17.The sink is full of water