Class 7 Adjectives Exercise
Question 1) Fill in the blanks with the suitable forms of the adjectives given in brackets.
- I have an __________ sister. (old)
- Let’s discuss that at a ________ date. (late)
- The poor woman once had a __________ life. (happy)
- The child is the _________ in the class. (young)
- Please be __________ when you answer. (honest)
- This is the __________ dress I have ever bought. (expensive)
- He thinks he is the _________ boy in the class. (intelligent)
- Chirag has many ___________ friends. (old)
- June is the ____________ month of the year in many parts of India. (hot)
- Gold is the ____________ of all metals. (precious)
Question 2) Fill in the blanks with appropriate adjectives.
- Sit in your __________ chair. (actual/own/very).
- The ____________ tea ceremony is a beautiful cultural activity. (Japan/Japanese)
- There are ____________ options available. (none/own/six)
- What a _____________ pretty flower! (some/all/very)
- ____________ of the women were upset. (Few/Some/One)
- She looks ______________. (Europe/European/Europe-like)
- I bought ____________ mangoes from the seller. (actual/nine/sixth)
- One ___________ of the boys in the class were absent. (fought/group/amazing)
Question 3) Fill in the blanks with adjectives formed from the given words.
- The teacher often scolds Reba because she is __________. (talk)
- My uncle was a __________ (book) child. He would always be found in the school library.
- Pam always looked ___________ (cheer). No one knew that she had a ________ (tragedy) history.
- Though his relatives denied it, Shamik was the __________ (law) owner of the property.
- His ______________ (haste) decision cost him the respect of his __________________ (love) ones.
Question 4) Fill in the blanks with the comparative form of the given adjectives.
- There is _____________ (little) water in this bottle than in that.
- I have become __________ (wise) over the years.
- Villagers are usually ____________ (polluted) than cities.
- I’m feeling much _____________ (good) today than I did yesterday.
- ______________ (many) often than hot, people make this mistake.
- Children are usually ___________ (intelligent) than we think they are.
- The resort is ___________ (far) than what you told me.
- You have never met a ____________ (generous) person than Stephen.
- Rekha is the ___________ (pretty) of the two sisters.
- Of these two pairs of shoes, which one will last ____________ (long)?
Question 5) Complete the following sentences using the appropriate degree of comparison of the given adjectives.
- She is ____________ than her brother. (smart)
- Ritu is the ____________ student in class. (soft-spoken)
- Arun speaks English __________ . (well)
- This dress is not really as ___________ as that one. (pretty)
- China is a ______________ country. (large)
- The sign of four, a Sherlock Holmes mystery, is the ____________ book I have read. (thrilling)
- Take the _____________ of the two ropes. (short)
- Mani Bakery sells the ___________ muffins in town. (good)