Class 10 Exercise For Practice Short Story
Practice Short Story Class 10 Solutions for the CBSE Board.
Short Story Class 10 Exercise for Practice
1.Write a story that ends with the following words, in about 150—200 words. (10 marks)
….On that day, I learned a lesson of my life, “Better remain alone than in a bad company”.
2. Look at the following poster and write a story based on it, in about 150—200 words. (10 marks)
3. Write a story based on the following beginning”, in about 150-200 words.
It so happened that when was 12 years old, I thought of traveling in a train/bus without a
4. Read the Outline of 0 story given helms. Complete the story, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
Outline: A merchant riding home from a fair – a large sum of money with him – sudden heavy rainfall – merchant gets wet – grumbles – shortly after attacked by a robber – robber’s
attempt to shoot-failure-power damp – the merchant escapes.
5. Write a story that ends with the billowing words, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
“Beware of a friend who runs away in time of danger”.
6. Write a story that starts with the following words, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
There was a moneylender who had more money than brain and his work was to give loans and take the money with a good amount of interest. One day…
7. Write a story that starts with the following words, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
A ship’s crew took me aboard and we sailed on till fate brought us to…
8. “That day my father came home with a baby monkey………………..”.
Complete this story, in about 150—200 words. You may use the hints given below.
father brought baby monkey – jumped into car from parking area – everyone excited – monkey scared – fed banana – named Kukoo – slowly became friendly – mother was annoyed with Kukoo -complained about missing food from kitchen – wanted Kukoo out of the housefather gave it to the zoo authorities
9. Write a story that starts with the following words, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
A young man setting out on a journey – accompanied partway by an old man – they part under a peepal tree – young man asks old man to keep Rs.100 for him till he returns – old man agrees and takes money-old man says he never gave him any money to keep – you, man takes him before judge – judge sends young man to summon tree to court – a long time away – judge asks old man, “Why?” – old man says tree Is long way off – judge sees that the old man knows which tree it is – when young man returns, judge gives verdict In his favor.
10. I got up in the middle of the night. I was sweating profusely…. Complete the story, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
11. Complete the following story, in about150—200 words. (10 marks)
You fall asleep one night to dreams of exploring the universe. Suddenly, you hear a movement in your room, followed by a flash of light.
12. Complete the following story, in about 150—200 words. (10 marks)
It is your parent’s anniversary. You along with your parents decide to go to a distant religious place early in the morning. It is evening by the time you reach home. You find all the lights switched on in the house and the door ajar.
13. Complete the following story, in about 150—200 words. (10 marks)
Today was my first day at summer camp. I had a lot of fun…
14. Complete the story using the give., outline, in 150-200 words. (10 marks)
Tiring day-baby-sitting nephew and niece-very naughty-finding it hard to manage…
15. Complete the, story using the given outline, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
Hot summer day-desert safari-storm-lost in desert…
16. Complete the following story, in about 150-200 words, in an appropriate was making u interesting, giving a suitable and meaningful title. (10 marks)
Once upon a time, there lived a young boy named aunty. He came from a very poor family. One fine day, he left home and came to Mumbai and started polishing shoes at the Mumbai Central Railway Station…
17. Write a short story, in about 150-200 words, on the basis of the hints provided. (10 marks)
Going for long walks has always been a passion for me. As usual, I was walking amongst the thick green forest till I heard that voice……….
18. Develop an interesting story on the basis of the following input, in about 150-200 words. Also give a suitable title to it.
forest – all animals gathered – election of a new king – chose monkey – amused by his antics _ of meat – used as a bait for trap – sent to disappointed – waited for chance – one day – found a piece monkey – shows loyalty – offered to show him the place – where he found meat – monkey felt greedy – fell prey – fox outwitted monkey
19. Read the outline given below of an incident in Indian National Bank, Amritsar. Use the outline to begin the story, and write your own conclusion, in about 150-200 words. (10 mark)
People stood In lines at different counters of the Indian National Bank strangely dressed men and a woman entered the hall – suddenly – firing heard by all – panic among customers – security men held up and gagged
20. Write a story on the given outline, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
Danny awakens from a coma—he is in a state of confusion–he discovered that many years have passed—he explores the area looking for clues—finding out that two extraterrestrials had landed on earth—he finds he was left on the world alone—he goes to the White House to find evidence of who came to earth and why- finds documents that the visitors have had contact with men for decades—these visitors saw the planet and were to save them
21. Write a short story, in about 150-200 words, on the basis of the hints provided. (10 marks)
I was walking alone in cool wince, midnight. The streets were deserted. Suddenly………
22. Write a story, in about 150-200 words, that begins with the words. ‘I used to think….’ (10 marks)
I thought nothing could go wrong—my son Vivek—because a drug addict—a cause of worry—a Baba came—Vivek transformed—my belief returned
23. Write a story, in about 150-200 words, that begins with the words, ‘ It was a day when everything seemed to go wrong. (10 marks)
Everything seemed to go wrong—stormy day—foot sprained—at school teacher’s reprimand—problem with my bike—evening death of grandmother—day of exhaustion and dejection
24. Complete the following story, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
It was the afternoon of a cold grey December day. The streets outside glistened with snow, some white sparkling flakes struck and melted on the window panes. Then suddenly…
25. Using the given clues, write an interesting story, in about 150-200 words. (10 marks)
Dark night—barren desert—strange sounds–shadow—an old fort—shocked
26. Write a short story, in about 150-200 words, on the basis of the hints provided. (10 marks)
Ratan was In Goa on a school trip. The teacher asked everyone to play and remain on the