NCERT Solutions Class 3 Maths
NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths include all the questions provided in the NCERT Textbook that is advised for Class 3 Maths following the CBSE Board Curriculum. These NCERT Solutions on this page will help you to understand and solve all the Class 3 Mathematics questions. Hence, preparation of exams using the NCERT Solutions will provide students with an advantage of scoring well.
EDUGROSS has provided students with the NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths so that they can know the answers to the questions they are finding. These are the perfect solutions for all children who are pursuing Class 3. Solving these NCERT Solutions for Class 3 will help students to get an idea about how to solve the problems.
These NCERT Solutions have been designed by a group of experienced teachers who have enormous teaching experience. Here, we are providing free study material including NCERT Books. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions of Class 3 Math.
NCERT Solutions For Class 3 Maths-
Math is not only important for success in life but also is all around us. The laws of Mathematics are evident throughout the world, including nature. The problem-solving skills obtained from completing homework of Maths can help you to tackle problems in other areas of life. Many may complain that Math is boring or complicated but the truth is that a life devoid of Math means that we go around experiencing the world on a much less interesting level than we could.
A list of chapters provided in Class 3 Maths NCERT Solutions free PDF.
Download PDF For Free | Click On The Links Given Below
1) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 1 Where to Look from?
In this lesson, kids are explained how the same thing can look different from a different side. The lesson also talks about mirror images of various objects, dividing images of objects into two halves, etc. Apart from this, chapter deals with the introduction to various types of views of an object – the top view and side view. This chapter is related to shapes and symmetries. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 1.
- Shapes – A shape in the form of an object or its external boundary, outline or external surface, as opposed to other properties such as color, texture or material type.
- Symmetries – Symmetry is a fundamental part of geometry. The four main types of this symmetry is the translation, rotation, reflection and glide reflection.
2) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 2 Fun with Numbers
Numbers and counting are arranged in this chapter in such a way that children can enjoy them. This chapter as a whole discusses counting numbers above 100, solving word problems on numbers, solving word problems using addition and subtraction. It also explains the concept of units, tens and hundreds. This chapter is based on three main topics. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 2.
- Addition – Finding the total (or sum) by combining two or more numbers is called addition. For example 5 + 11 + 3 = 19 .
- Subtraction – In Mathematics, subtraction means taking something away from a group of many things. When we subtract, the number of things in the group decreases. For example 11 – 5 = 6.
- Word problem – Word problems commonly include mathematical modeling questions, where data and information about a certain system are given and a student is required to develop a model.
3) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 3 Give and Take
Through this chapter, kids get introduced to a wider view of the addition of numbers. In this chapter, token cards should be used for exercises before children do written sums. The chapter has short techniques that kids can follow to get the sum of numbers quickly. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 3.
- Addition helps children understand the relationship between numbers and how the quantities are related to each other.
- A factory made 270 bulbs on the first day. On the second day, it made 123 bulbs. How many bulbs did the factory made in total? [270 + 123 = 393]
- Shanu found 138 pebbles. Karim found 44 pebbles. How many pebbles are there? [138 + 44 = 182]
4) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 4 Long and Short
Children should be encouraged to look around and see how the lengths of different things are measured in different ways using local or non-standard units. Therefore, this chapter introduces children to the concept of measurement. The chapter gives students various units to understand length. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 4.
- Centimetre (cm) – A Centimetre is a unit of length in the metric system which is equal to one-hundredth of a metre.
- 1 centimetre = 1/100 meter
- Metre (m) – Metre is another unit of length which is equal to hundred centimetre.
- 1 metre = 100 centimetre
- Kilometres (km) – A kilometre is a unit of length that is equal to 1,000 metres.
- 1 kilometre = 1,000 metres.
5) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 5 Shapes and Designs
The shape is one such concept that kids are interested in learning. These kids are taught in the beginning. This chapter teaches children about various shapes, edges and corners of shapes. The basic shapes that your child will learn in the starting. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 5.
- Triangles have three sides.
- Rectangles have four sides.
- Squares have four sides of the same length.
- The circle is a round shaped figure that has no corners or edge.
6) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 6 Fun with Give and Take
In this chapter, the addition and subtraction are explained to children. It explains addition and subtraction using the unit’s place, the ten’s place and the hundred’s place. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 6.
- The symbol of addition is (+)
- The symbol of subtraction is (-)
7) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 7 Time Goes on
This chapter teaches children about the importance of time. It also gives children information about minutes, hours, days and the things/activities that can happen next. In this chapter, children are explained about time using calendars. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 7.
- 1 day = 24 hours
- 1 week = 7 days
- 1 month = 30 days
- 1 year = 365 days
8) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 8 Who is Heavier?
This chapter discusses the concept of weight and balance. The lesson uses various stories and puzzles to make kids understand the concept of ‘Who is Heavier’ easily. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 8.
- For example-
Kunjamma’s parents have a different way of celebrating Independence day because Kunjamma was born that day. They buy sweets double Kunjamma’s weight and distribute them among poor people.
When Kunjamma was born, she was 3 kg. Today is Independence Day and Kunjamma is 5 years old. She is 28 kg now.
Kunjamma’s age at birth Kunjamma’s weight Amount of sweets
1 year old 3 kg 3 + 3 = 6 kg
2 years old 9 kg 9 + 9 = 18 kg
3 years old 13 kg 13 + 13 = 26 kg
4 years old 17 kg 17 + 17 = 34 kg
5 years old 28 kg 28 + 28 = 56 kg
Now guess her weight and the number of sweets her parents distribute on every Independence Day.
9) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 9 How many times?
This chapter is based on multiplication. This chapter also teaches multiplication tables to children through interesting pictures, questions and puzzles. This chapter also explains how multiplication and addition are linked to each other. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 9.
- Multiplication- The basic idea of multiplication is repeated addition.
- 5 x 4 = 20 [5+5+5+5=20]
- 6 x 3 = 18 [6+6+6=18]
10) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 10 Play with Patterns
A pattern is the repeated or regular way in which something happens or is done. A pattern is an arrangement of lines or shapes, especially a design in which the same shape is repeated at regular intervals over a surface. Recognizing patterns is one of the most important topics of mental ability. In this chapter, kids get more comprehension about patterns and sequences. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 10.
- Patterns – we can make patterns with numbers.
- Example – 21 , 41 , 61 , 81 , 101, ………………… [This is a growing pattern]
11) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 11 Jugs and Mugs
Measurement is the numerical magnitude of the characteristics of an object or event, which can be used to compare with other objects or events. This chapter lets kids get a broader view of measurements. Kids need to guess the amount of an entity that can fill another entity. It also investigates deeper into word problems and interesting puzzles, which make it precisely for kids’ understanding. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 11.
- About how many glasses of water do you drink in a day?
Can you guess how much water goes out of you?
12) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 12 Can We Share?
The division is splitting something into equal parts or groups. It is the result of “fair sharing”. This chapter introduces children to the concept of division. Equal partitioning of anything uses division. Also, it establishes the link between multiplication and division. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 12.
- Example: There are 10 butterflies. They are divided into two groups. [ 5 butterflies = 1 group & 5 butterflies = 1 group ]. There are 5 butterflies in each group.
13) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 13 Smart Charts
A chart is a graphical representation of data in which “data is represented by symbols. Charts and graphs make it easy to describe any piece of information. This chapter deals with smart charts and any data can be easily represented through charts and tables. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 13.
- Bar chart is represented by bars.
- Line chart is represented by lines.
- Pie chart is represented by slices.
14) NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Maths Chapter 14 Rupees and Paise
This chapter teaches children to value and understand money. The chapter also includes word problems on the creation of cash memos, finding the price of tickets for covering a certain distance and other real-time problems. In India, money is used in terms of rupees and paise. Students can easily download free pdf of NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Math Chapter 14.
- 1 rupee = 100 paise
- 1 paise = 1/100 rupee
Advantages of Solving Class 3 Maths NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions provide a step-by-step explanation to every question given in the textbooks. It is one of the most valuable aids to students in their home assignments and exams as well.
- Solving these NCERT Solutions will help students clearing all their doubts.
- These NCERT Solutions are prepared as per the syllabus of the respective subject and thus, provide proper guidance with a thorough learning process.
- NCERT Solutions help in clearing the tough concepts as these NCERT Solutions are designed using proper explanations.
- To score optimum marks in the examination, the students need to practice these NCERT Solutions as it contains a variety of questions for practice purposes. This will help students to have an easy hand at the Erroneous Questions as well.
- While studying in CBSE Board Schools, students always get confused while choosing the right study material. Therefore, the best option is NCERT Solutions as it covers the whole CBSE Syllabus for Class 3 Maths
- NCERT Solutions give significant learning and also helps students to upgrade their skills.
Why prefer EDUGROSS for Class 3 Maths NCERT Solutions?
A lot of times students get stuck to a particular question. These solutions that we are providing here, at EDUGROSS, develop an interest in the students towards their studies. These solutions are designed by a group of experts so that every student can understand the concept in a simple way without further complications. Here, we provide you with the most reliable solutions.
Here, at EDUGROSS, we provide you with the most accurate and easiest methods to solve various questions. Moreover, these solutions help students to develop their reasoning and logical skills. All study material here is completely based on the latest pattern and syllabus that is prescribed by the CBSE Board. All the basics of Class 3 Maths with exercises and solutions are thoroughly covered in the study material that is provided at EDUGROSS.
Download Class 3 Maths NCERT Solutions PDF For Free from this page and make your practicing easier and enjoyable.