10 Best Tips For Acing Your Board Exams Score 95+
What’s the secret to scoring the best in boards? Board Exam Tips Score 95+
Hard work, focus, concentration, consistency seems vague. But what are the constructive strategies to a great score in exams? Don’t worry, we here at Edugross, being entirely a student-oriented venture apart from providing NCERT solutions, notes, sample papers for free have got you plenty of tips and tricks to crack your board exams like a topper.
Tip:1 Making Notes
- Structure your notes smartly: Add heading, subheadings wherever required.
- Make tables and flowcharts wherever required: Flowcharts and tables make the learning process easy and efficient.
- ·Use the PQRST learning technique: The acronym (PQRST) stands for Preview(reading the chapters, topics thoroughly), Question(raising questions wherever needed), Read(reading every paragraph, every sentence carefully), Self- recitation(after reading, trying to recall what you read, and learn) and Test(giving yourself a drill to test how much you could grasp). This technique is widely used and has proven to be the most effective.
Tip:2 Set targets and reward yourself
- Set deadlines– Divide your syllabus chapter wise and set alarms for each one them. After the time is over, give yourself a break. This way, you will not feel exhausted and bored of studying the entire day.
- Rewards– Once you have completed the chapter right at the deadline, reward yourself with a snack, game or whatever you like the most. This self-rewarding method will make exam preparations fun and will condition you to study harder.
Tip: 3 Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Exercise– Make sure to not ignore exercise, make it a part of your schedule. You don’t have to do hard exercise, it can be 15 minutes of walk, bicycling, yoga or even an outdoor sport like badminton which keeps you a little rejuvenated and prevents from the burnout.
- Eat healthily– Avoid having fast food or even binge eating that might make you feel sleepy or lazy. Include foods that have stress-busting and energy-boosting properties like almonds, yoghurt, milk, eggs, legumes etc.
- Control your caffeine intake– Students usually take overdoses of coffee and tea to stay active. It’s important to sip some healthy fruit juices, an adequate amount of water and some herbal caffeine-free teas to keep yourself hydrated.
Tip: 4 Making quick access notes and lists
- Formula lists– All science and math students must have a separate formula list ready to have a look at it during the last-minute revisions.
- Lists for acronyms/ definitions– There might be a lot of acronyms, definitions that might be easy yet confusing. Having them penned down as a list can decrease the chances of confusion.
Tip: 5 Focus on the core material
- Read the main and basic topics first– Make the main topics,
theorems, theories, important principles, formulae, diagrams and flowcharts
your priority. Shift to examples, quotes and illustrations later on, once you
complete the main concepts
- Give preference to the main
textbook– Before shifting your focus to other reference books, make sure you
thoroughly learn your textbook. Most of the times, the main textbooks are more
user friendly as compared to reference books
Tip: 6 Solve Sample papers
- Past year exams– Make sure to go through all past year exams. Look out for all the repeated questions and prepare them well.
- Sample papers– Go through different sample papers, 1 mark/ short and long question- answers.
Check https://edugross.com/ to download sample papers for free.
Tip : 7 Highlight important point
- Highlight important topics– Highlighting important topics during preparation is a necessity to prevent missing out on important topics.
- Highlighting important words and sentences– You must highlight important words and sentences while writing in the answer sheet, this makes the answer sheet not only easily readable but makes it gives it a more impressive presentation.
Tip : 8 Write your answers in a structured formula
- Use flow charts and tables– Using flow charts, tables, diagrams give an effective presentation of the answer sheet. It also reflects on the rich understanding of the concepts.
- Divide answer into points– Make headlines for every point, especially for long answers. This can ensure readability and can enhance the expression of your answers. It avoids the untidy long paragraphs that might be time-consuming.
Tip : 9 Keep yourself calm
- Practice deep breathing– Boards come with a lot of pressure, anxiety and stress. This is the time to remain calm and composed. Practice deep breathing. Take 10 deep breaths before writing your answer sheet. This will give more clarity and you’ll be able to recollect all that you leant.
- Have a good sleep cycle– Sleep well a day before the exam. This increases the retaining power and will keep you active during the exam.
Tip : 10 Revise the paper thoroughly
Revision of paper– It is necessary to revise the paper at least twice before submitting it
Cross-check– Cross-check every question to make sure if you skipped or missed any question since there are chances of that happening.
To make your preparations a smooth sailing experience, Edugross has provided free downloads of sample papers, notes and much more. All the best for your board exams. Hope you excel them. Happy learning!
Abstract- What’s the secret to scoring the best in boards? We here at Edugross, being entirely a student-oriented venture apart from providing NCERT solutions, notes, sample papers for free have got you plenty of tips and tricks to crack your board exams like a topper